Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Karma Vineyards Green Goddess Dressing



I just recently moved to Wenatchee, and my house is literally 3 blocks from the Columbia Street Farmer's Markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On those mornings, I simply throw on some flip flops, grab a bag and go wander amongst the vendors. I inevitably come back with more than I could possibly eat before the next market day, but I can't help it.
Thankfully I eat whole meals of vegetables, and my juicer and blender have been busy. As much as I eat vegetables year-round, however, I am not usually a fan of salads -- I like my veggies sauteed, mostly with just garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. The only time this changes is in the summer, when the fresh salad greens are out. When it's fresh, I want it raw, and Karma's dressing -- packed with fresh pungent herbs -- is just the way to compliment the fresh flavors.

Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves 8

1/4 cup Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh thyme
1/4 cup fresh tarragon
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon raw sugar
2 shallots, peeled and chopped in half
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
 
Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve over your favorite salad greens. The dressing will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.

Recipe tip: If substituting dried herbs for fresh, use 1/3 as much.

Try pairing your salad with Karma Vineyards Estate Gewürztraminer or their Methode Champenoise.

Contributed to Savoring Chelan: Pairing Local Wines with Regional Recipes by Amilee Cappell Olson for Karma Kafé.
Note: Karma Kafé at Karma Vineyards is now 18 Brix Restaurant, under the direction of Executive Chef Brant Jones. You can visit Amilee Cappell Olson at the Red Apple Market in Chelan.

No comments:

Post a Comment